Working with a commercial real estate broker is not for everyone. Commercial real estate investors and tenants choose not to hire a commercial real estate broker for several reasons.
Here’s a free checklist for you to use the next time you’re wondering whether hiring a commercial real estate broker is really for you.
Top 10 Reasons Not to Hire a Commercial Real Estate Broker
10. You can save the commission.
9. You have found tenants for your building in the past. You can do it again, filling your space for market rents, faster than your neighbors.
8. No one represents you better in a negotiation than you. You’re objective and rarely lose your cool.
7. Marketing your opportunity won’t be a problem. You know everyone in your commercial real estate investment market.
6. You made your money from off-market deals. In fact, you’ve never bought a property listed by a commercial real estate broker.
5. You know the best lenders, commercial real estate attorneys, commercial real estate
lenders, architects, engineers, environmental engineers, and construction firms in your
commercial real estate investment market.
4. You have your CCIM designation.
3. You have a career’s worth of experience in commercial real estate investing.
2. You spend 8-12 hours every weekday speaking with property owners, lenders, tenants, and commercial real estate brokers in order to stay current on the market and ahead of the best commercial investment property opportunities.
1. Your commercial real estate investing has fared well, there’s absolutely nothing you would change, improve or could do better.
If you have suggestions for improvements to the “Top 10 Reasons Not to Hire a Commercial Real Estate Broker” list, please feel free to email me. I’m happy to discuss any additions or alterations to the list you’d like to see.